Monday, January 2, 2017

WiFi

Communication home from within China was mainly by email as most of the hotels had free WiFi. I was warned, and it was wholly accurate, that access to Google, Twitter and the likes of Facebook was difficult, if not impossible. As I am a Google user I was forced to use and old AOL address and this proved an effective way to communicate. Downloading pictures was limited but again with perseverance we managed to keep the family and friends up to speed with our trip. The internet search options on my devices was changed to Yahoo and this allowed some searching to be performed. The locals seemed to be using VPN options but I stayed with the simple stuff I knew.

I did take a large number of photographs and as with digital photography deleted many as I went, but can only recommend take plenty of the explanatory signs as they help with memories and understanding in the quieter moments. I learned a great deal from doing this as we often got caught in the wave of people and information was missed.



This was not the case in Hong Kong where everything went back to normal.

在中国国内和家人的联系主要是用电子邮件,因为大多数酒店有免费的WiFi。,有人警告我说,访问谷歌,Twitter和Facebook之类的是很困难的,这是完全正确的。但这也不是不可能的,由于我是Google用户,我被迫使用旧的AOL地址,证明这是一种有效的沟通方式。下载图片是被限制的,但一再坚持想办法让我们在旅程中和家人、朋友们保持联系,我的手机的网络搜索选项被更改成Yahoo,这可允许执行一些搜索。 当地人似乎使用VPN选项,但是我仍使用我所知道的简单东西。

当我走过的地方,我拍了很多的照片和数位摄影,也删除了许多,我只能建议必须做许多的标注,帮助你在安静的时刻回忆和搞清楚照片。我从做这件事学到很多,因为我们经常陷入人潮,信息被遗漏。

在香港情况并非如此,一切都恢复正常。

No comments:

Post a Comment